Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Celebrating My Babes.



It was Derek's birthday yesterday, and although I shouldn't admit it.....I went overboard. I never realized how truly fun it is to spoil someone.....

He had to work, which was a total bummer, so my sister Kristin gave me the idea to take him on a picnic. I surprised him and led him to Murray Park right by the stream with a pile of delicious food.

After scarfing and enjoying many romantic moments, he went back to work while I prepared for the rest of the night. After he got off work we dressed up and headed downtown. Destination: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Although the water was $12 (Yes, we were shocked!)....it was a good experience and upscale atmosphere, which was fun. The steaks-- Meh.

We then went to Gateway Mall and picked out some real nice sunglasses for him (Ray-Bans). I decided they were sexy and we were on our way. When we got home I gave him his last few presents (All very nerdy gifts including a high-tech mouse) and a little bundt cake from Nothing Bundt Cake- a way cute store- and that was that. It was a really fun day and fun to spoil my babes, who spoils me all the rest of the year.

3 comments:

telsey said...

very cute i'm excited!

VievEGirL said...

You shouldn't have to excuse yourself for spoiling Derek...I am glad you guys had such a great day.

Christensens said...

Hil! I am excited you have a blog, and I am way jealous you work at a cupcake shop. I have picked up a recent obsession with cute cupcakes and cakes and go wild on amazon finding cute books! I miss ya!Hopefully I will see ya soon!
Linds