Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Midnight Arson.

Last night I almost lit our apartment on fire. Here's how:

It was probably about 3 a.m. and Derek and I were fast asleep. I remember I woke up SO abruptly thinking something was terribly wrong.

For some reason, I immediately leaned over and grabbed a huge handful of tissues out of the tissue box (why? because this is what my half-asleep brain was telling me to do). Then, I turned on the lamp, and tried to unscrew the lightbulb with the pile of tissues in my hand. You know, cause I apparently thought I was going to get burned or something. Not to mention, throughout this whole process I was trying to be sneaky so Derek wouldn't see me, because I thought he would be really mad.

When unscrewing the light bulb proved unsuccessful, I thought to myself "Screw it," and went straight back to sleep.

When I woke up in the morning I had no recollection of the event till I leaned over and saw a GIANT pile of tissues. I thought "What the heck!?!?!" Until, this story came flooding back to mind.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME??? I've been scared all day.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Okay, that is so funny. :)

VievEGirL said...

What??? Did Derek really not hear any of this....?