Saturday, June 21, 2008

Spanish Rice.

Derek and I recently became obsessed with a mexican restaurant called "Su Casa". I'm sorry mom, but it is actually better than La Cocina, minus the free margaritas.

Well last night, Derek and I were looking for something that wasn't rich (ha! that didn't work out...) because both of us have felt full for about three weeks now. As we searched for a place to go, we stumbled upon this Spanish haven, and drove into the parking lot.

I am not kidding there is something about this restaurant. Every time we go they have us seated within 10 seconds of us walking in the door, even during their busiest hours, and have water and your meal to you within 5 minutes. It's fantastic.

Well, I don't have a complete recollection to why Derek was doing this....But he was impersonating something I had done earlier that day, and it included a huge GRUNT. So, he grunted, and as a result got a piece of Spanish rice lodged in his nasal cavity.

I, for one, have never heard of this happening, so I refused to believe it. Derek continued to blow his nose profusely throughout the meal and on the way to the car. It was getting a little loud and obnoxious when I heard a loud "PSHPT!" and it stopped.

Derek leaned over, opened the napkin, and there lie a perfectly preserved piece of snotty Spanish rice. It was.........the grossest thing I have ever seen.

I promise you that THAT is the last time I enjoy my spanish rice.


EW!!!!

1 comment:

VievEGirL said...

I am crying...from laughter. Thankyou, that was an awesome post. Derek is so great to have around!