Tuesday, August 26, 2008

California: Day 1.

So, I forgot to tell my blog readers that I was going to be in California for a week -- but then I remembered: most of the people that read my blog went with me to California.

Derek and I headed to California a week ago Saturday with my mom, Kent, Kristin, Asher, Jaaf, Kylie, Basil, Dano, and Kelsy. It was quite the group, which made for a TON of fun!

I thought I would divvy up our vacation in to categories, because being married to Derek has made me a nerd, so things like categorizing make me happy now.

First and Foremost: The BEACH!

We went to three different beaches. First was Redondo beach for McDonald's breakfast on the beach. The best part of the day was when we realized most of us had dressed accidentally in the colors of the rainbow. So, of course, we had to record the event via photos:




(The rainbow pics were taken by Kylie)

The Next Beach was Santa Monica. It was a little grimy, but nonetheless a blast. (Other than the fact that I was suffering with a huge head cold):

Kels and Basil beachin' it up.




The last and best was spent at Huntington Beach, where we swam for about 4 hours....





















.......And then concluded the night by roasting Dogs/Bratwurst/Mallows in the fire pits using about 6" skewers. Despite the burns on our hands and the struggle to figure out how the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks we were going to do this -- it was one of the best parts of the trip.





The best Bratwurst, I can still taste it.


And the final sunset via Huntington beach:

2 comments:

kmb said...

Whatever...I know you guys intentionally dressed in the colors of the rainbow. Ha, ha. j/k. That is seriously crazy though. The trip sounds fun and now I want to go on a vaca!

VievEGirL said...

The roasting hot dogs on the beach, totally made me jealous. It's like something you would see the cool people do on a teen movie. But thanks for the pictures, helps me feel like I was there.