Friday, August 8, 2008

Happiness is Tiring.

Cheesy as it is I had a bonding moment with my radio today. I was excited to hear that one of my favorite songs was playing on 90.9, and I got so excited I went to turn up the volume and hit the AM/FM button. It immediately started playing the loud fuzzy/scratchy noise we all recognize, and I was pissed. Real pissed off. I went back to the song but it wasn't the same, I didn't get to hear it straight through...you know?

Well this is where we bonded, and it's totally lame. But I was thinking of the past few weeks with my family. Ever since we've known Gen was leaving we've been getting together a lot more and I've gotten used to all the parties and seeing everyone so much. The second Gen left it really hit me how much change was going to happen. It was like I hit the AM button, and everything was fuzzy quite suddenly.

I've always been very open to change and risk in my life. I love new adventures, even if I know they could go terribly wrong. I guess the reason I keep doing it is because they usually turn out either good or somewhat okay. But with Gen leaving it is definitely different. I am losing this time whether I like it or not.

I think all the change I have experienced this year has been a lot to take in, but I know I just have to turn the dial to a new station, not so fuzzy, and hopefully just as good. I miss Gen, but I know the trips to Boston/Springfield will make it all worth it.

I'll be back on my feet soon enough.

1 comment:

VievEGirL said...

OH Hilz, I am sad too...believe me. But lets keep trudging along. You've made it through alot worse than me moving away. And hey, I am still here. Just not physically. Just smile and keep spending time with the family. You never know if you will be in my place someday. I miss you all alot. But this is a growing experience we all need. And even though I feel far away, I haven't ever felt as much a part of the family as I do now.