Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Cure for the Pedi-Cure.

I haven't blogged in almost a week because, well, NOTHING has happened. The majority of my last week had been spent engorged in the first book I have read it 5 years. Other than Harry Potter, that is. I don't know if its even the choice of book, as it is the excitement of enjoying reading again. Its fabulous!

SO....my boss does trade with a local day spa. She got a few gift certificates, and so she gave me one to use as I wanted. I decided to get a pedicure with the money, because I love pedicures. Since the certificate was for $90, I figured I could invite Kels and Kristin to go. But when I called to schedule an appointment, the lady informed me that it was $60, and that it would last 1 1/2 hours. I had NO idea how a pedicure could last an hour and a half.

So, I went solo, and I was actually nervous to go, because I didn't know what to expect. Were they going to pour hot wax over my legs or make me sit in a mudbath for an hour???

The first hour was absolutely amazing. They were very attentive and put on the most amazing wax stuff with hot towels....it was like sweet candy. Sorry, it was that good.

But when the lady put on the base coat and left me for 15 minutes, and then put on another coat, 15 minutes, etc.... I got a little anxious.

To make an amazingly LONG, tiring, boring, 150-pages of my book, uncomfortable chair, where-did-the-lady-go story short: I was there a total of 2 hrs. 30 minutes.

HOLY CRAP.

As I left all I could think was "I'm not cut out for this". I was exhausted and mad, the opposite of how you should feel after leaving a day spa. Not to gripe, but half of it was the time, and I can't help but admit that I am just not the day spa type.

That'll do for the next few years.....

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Next time get a massage! They feel so great and an hour goes by WAY too fast!

VievEGirL said...

Oh poor Hilary, had to sit through a $60 pedicure. Can you hear the world's smallest violin playing? I can see mom's fingers motioning them right now...

...but seriously, I kinda know what you mean. I have the shortest attention span. I can't do one thing for too long. So 2 hours probably wouldn't have been fun for me either.