Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Littles.

I knew I loved my nephews, but until last night, I didn't realize how truly addicted to them I am.

I was sitting at home watching some Biggest Loser with Derek, when Kelsy called to let me know Ozzie was coming over to my mom's house. Next thing I knew I was in my car driving like a madman to my mom's house. I got there at 7:30 hoping to be home by 8:00. When Oz wasn't there by 9:00 I was getting stressed and emotional, but couldn't leave before I saw the little guy (who isn't so little anymore). I thought to myself, "What's wrong with me?!?! I am obsessed! He's probably going to be grumpy anyway, I better leave."

But I couldn't get myself to go....and I'm glad I didn't. Here is what showed up:



I have always hated children. I can only say that, because it is the truth. I couldn't stand them. The few times I babysat as a child, the mom would come home to me dead asleep on the couch while their children played with a variety of dangerous things in the corner. I have had many a bad experience babysitting.

I never thought I would have kids. Other parents would explain that when you have a kid you finally realize what unconditional love is like. After my nephews were born, I realized a little bit of that. I would do anything for these kids, and they can't even talk. It's funny to me that you can learn so much from someone who doesn't even know how to eat yet.

Being an aunt is one of the greatest things in my life. I love the littles!





6 comments:

Culinary Contessa said...

I know! Aren't they the best? I have 5 nephews and 3 nieces and they are the best things ever!! I totally go through withdrawals if I go too long without seeing them. ;)

bab's in toyland said...

I love the littleses too: Basilspam, The Wizard of Oz and Ashed Potatoes. They are all little packages of squishy love.

K, so comments. I nearly burst into tears with pride:

Your first pair of running shoes.

Priceless.

You go, girl.

And I do feel the same way about you guys; about life and stress vs. being together, laughing and comfort. Thanks for all you do for me. You. Make. Me. Laugh. How blessed I am! But oh those toilets, oh, oh, oh, sister, those toilets.

Greedy Kristian said...

Ozzie looks oz-mazing in that hat. Yeah for littles!

The Queen and the Princess said...

You really do have the cutest nephews!!! Ozzie looks so dang cute in the hat!

Telsey said...

i love that picture of basil it's my favorite everytime i see i can imagine what he'll look like when he's ten (i'm hoping he'll be wearing pants by then though!)

VievEGirL said...

Ozzie, looks so adorable. I miss him. He is so cute because he is like so grumpy happy. It is a condundrum.

Asher is growing so fast, I can't believe it.

Basil, aw, that picture cracks me up. And kelsy's comment is so funny.