Friday, September 12, 2008

One Recipe You Just Have to Know.

First of all, I am overwhelmed at the moment by how much I love my family. These people are way too fun. I was just reading Kelsy's blog, and it once again reminded me how lucky I am to have such great people around.

So....Last night I tried a recipe I got online a few months ago...and it turned out amazing, just like the several other times I made it. While devouring it, I thought to myself, "This recipe is definitely something to blog about."



(Now, this isn't a picture of the food we made, but it looks close enough. I'm not a very good food photographer, and I had to get your mouth watering.)


The recipe is for Sesame Chicken, but I'll simplify this and give you the breading recipe. Just cut up some chicken breast, marinate it in this mixture, and then deep fry it. This breading is so delicious, you can eat the chicken just like that, or it is also really good deep fried and then drizzled with a sesame or teriyaki sauce. Then serve it on some rice: MMM!!!

Marinade for 2 Chicken Breasts:

1 Tb Soy Sauce
A Few drops Sesame Oil (So mom won't be using this recipe)
2 Tb Flour
2 Tb Cornstarch
2 Tb Water
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vegetable Oil

I highly recommend it if you like Sesame Chicken. Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

kimby said...

So I tried the recipe today. AMAZING! Thanks for the good blog post!

VievEGirL said...

For the culinary challenged....where do I get sesame dressing? I definitely want to try this.

PS - you should post more recipes, I am always looking for new stuff. Where did you get this from, do they have more?

Hilz said...

There is a Sesame Sauce that Derek and I really love, I got it at Dan's so I'm guessing it should be at any grocery store. It would be in the Oriental food section -- the brand is Ty Ling Naturals, and its just called Sesame Sauce. It is sooo good. I am sure other brands have good stuff too.

I just googled sesame chicken and this is one of the ones that popped up, I can't remember where its from though :(