Monday, September 22, 2008

What a Week!

Last week was absolutely crazy. Saturday night we went to the Cheesecake Factory for Krick's birthday, and everyone there could physically see that I had burned myself out. Saturday was what really did me in.

I got up at 4:30 am for work, because I had a wedding cake and three other cakes to do. Not to mention all the other orders we had...so I knew it was going to be a long day. This was the first wedding cake that I was going to do solely by myself (a.k.a. without Derek's expertise)....so I worked my butt off all morning and can definitely say that when I left work I was feeling really accomplished.

Some pics of the crazy day:






THEN.....We had to go running after work, because as I have noticed, if you miss one day, it's hard to stay on schedule. So Derek and I went running....But there was one thing that made it all worth it:

Because I have been staying on task with running, I thought I would treat myself to my first pair of running shoes!

4 comments:

VievEGirL said...

Was that a wedding cake? It is so cute! And the large cupcake cakes look delicious.

Oh, and new running shoes make all the difference.

PS-The Sesame chicken was really good. But I think the sauce we bought wasn't that good, so the search is on for your brand...or another good sauce.

Hilz said...

Yeah it was a wedding cake, haha. I'm not quite sure what else that would be.

Sorry about the chicken! that is way lame the sauce was gross, you should definitely try the ty ling stuff....cause i trust in it. I'm glad you tried it though!!

The Queen and the Princess said...

Seriously, your wedding cakes and cupcakes look amazing everytime! I totally think you should start your own business.

I took a picture of Victoria the other day for you...I call it Chef Victoria!

Christensens said...

Buying new running shoes is my favorite thing ever, I always feel like I can run faster and jump more in new shoes, very motivating! Your cakes are great! Those are massive cupcake cakes!