Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Adventures in Babysitting.


Yesterday was my day off, and after lunch with Derek my day was looking pretty free. I hadn't seen Ozzy in about 2 weeks, and I was about to have heart attack. I called up Malia and asked if I could babysit him for a couple of hours. (Anyone who knows me knows that I haven't babysat in YEARS. What inspired me to ask this? I don't know. I'm crazy.)

So....Malia drove him over at about 3:00, and he was going to stay till 5:00. But the second Malia even thought of leaving, Ozzy started crying HYSTERICALLY and totally freaking out. I was about to say "Wait! I can't do this!" When I heard the door slam and realized that I was alone with a balling 10-month-old baby.

I had pulled a few "toys" aside(below), meaning the few things in our apartment a kid could suck on or that involved buttons...and let Ozzy play with them. However, the crying didn't end until one brilliant idea popped into my head: Guitar Hero.

I propped Ozzy on my lap and played guitar hero, while he helped me strum. He wouldn't let us stop playing for the next 1 1/2 hours. (I had no idea a baby could stay interested in this so long!) He was laughing the whole time, it was a major blast. Us playing G-Hero:

Here are some pictures of the great time Ozzy had using our (Mainly Derek's) toys:


The Disney Channel on the big screen:


Ozzy with his new fav. toy:


And last, but not least, the Rubik's cube:

4 comments:

Greedy Kristian said...

This is TOO cute. How fun!

VievEGirL said...

He has so much hair! I can't believe it. And I love that he was giggling at guitar hero, so fun!

Kylie said...

Oh so so cute! Ozzy is so adorable! Looks like fun. ANYTIME you want to babysit, let me know. *wink wink*

(just kidding)

SNAKE WINE said...

Hi,

I searched for Snake wine on Google and found your website, do you have any Snake wine related article? If you don't know what is snake wine it is an Asian liquor:

http://www.asiansnakewine.com/

Thanks.