Thursday, October 9, 2008

Playing Soccer Mom.

Derek and his family are big into soccer. When I say big, I mean BIG. It seems like every night of the week some one in the family has a soccer game, if not three. This year they decided to do an outdoor team with all of the cousins....it added up to like fifteen people.

Well, Derek has school on the nights they play, so he had only been able to play one game. But Wednesday was the championship game, so he played what I would call "healthy hookie" and joined in for the game.

I, being athletically handi-capped, sat on the side lines to enjoy the game. It was a lot of fun to watch, not only because all of his family was playing, but because they are all actually really good. Needless to say, they won the championship. (Woo hoo!)

I had run out of time to bring orange slices and Capri Suns for half-time, so they had to settle with cupcakes (I am sure everyone is getting sick of them by now).....

Anyways....here is Derek's Rec-League Picture:

(The plaque-version is in the mail as we speak ;)


And here is the entire team (I accidentally deleted the non-blurry picture). Derek looks like he's mid-teleporting.



Congrats guys!!

2 comments:

Todd & Cristi said...

NO ONE could possibly get sick of your cupcakes, Hilary! I do believe my eldest son finished off pretty much half of the cupcakes you brought to the blessing. And p.s. we love you even without the cupcakes. :)

Valynne Maetani Nagamatsu said...

Um, that picture of Derek is HILARIOUS. And we will never get sick of your cupcakes.